Designed by Eliza Jane Schneider (South Park, Assassin’s Creed), Competitive Edge Voice Training offers tools to develop your craft and career in animation, video games, and beyond!
You're an actor
(in a pandemic)
You may or may not be aware that there are people who’ve been acting in isolation for money for decades. In a time when other acting opportunities are disappearing, voice acting from home is thriving!
THE CHARACTER ACTING PROGRAM
EARLY BIRD SNEAK PEAK
SELECT YOUR COMPETITIVE EDGE
The MASTERCLASS. This is an on-demand course that will give you a step by step auditory, visual, and kinesthetic techniques to perfect dialects and accents from around the world, and expand your character voice repertoire.
There has never been a better time to perfect your craft. Expanding your repertoire, especially to match whatever genetic makeup ancestry.com reveals is in your blood, can only make you a more and more valuable asset to the casting community.
The monthly LIVE Industry Webinar series. I introduce you to my favorite voice actors, directors, and casting professionals currently working in animation and games. You ask them your questions. They know your name.
GET BOTH... plus NAVIGATING THE BUSINESS OF VOICE ACTING
When you join the CHARACTER ACTING PROGRAM TODAY.
Navigating the Business of Voice Acting
Dialing in your home studio, knowing what to put on your demo, setting up your VO website and knowing how to market yourself, are all as important as refining your talent. In this one year mentoring program, top industry experts guide you through crafting your career in animation and games, and turn you into a Utility Voice Actor.
What is THE CHARACTER ACTING PROGRAM?
The Character Acting Program provides expert guidance and mentorship for talented actors, geared toward careers in voice acting for animation and games, with a special emphasis on utility voice training.
Being a “Utility” Voice Actor means giving your director the gift of confidence that you can deliver exactly what they need, no matter how it may change. It’s knowing that no matter what characters are written into that script, you and the ensemble in your head can nail them. And that is priceless.
Gain Access to the above plus our “Navigating the Business of Voiceover” series, where experts in the field help you craft your career, market yourself, and network effectively with the working Hollywood industry professionals you will meet in this program.
Being an actor is awesome. Being useful, professional and prepared might actually get you paid.
PROGRAM MARCHES FORTH... ON MARCH 4TH!
What's In The Character Acting Program
- HOTSEAT with Eliza Jane: Meet with EJ once a month for office hours to review demos, perfect accents, Q&A, critique auditions (hotseat), strategize & chart your career’s course, discuss insider industry info/building relationships, develop your own material
- 1 Year Weekly LIVE Workout Group with Scripts from Major Studios
- 1 Year Access to Monthly LIVE Industry Webinar Series and Q & A with industry pros – upcoming guests include Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt, Kari Walghren and Sara Cravens.
- Learn from professional working voice actors, casting directors and VO business experts
- Access to the private Facebook group- where Hollywood VO Industry folks lurk
- Dialect Masterclasses with Eliza Jane Schneider, the go to coach for AAA games
- Unlimited Access to CAA Library of over 300 hrs of Instruction
Full access to training webinars, two released each month
- DAN LENARD (Voiceover Bodyshop) – DEBUNKING THE MYTHOLOGY OF THE HOME STUDIO (February)
- RANDY THOMAS (Academy Awards, Golden Globes) – WHAT NEWBIES NEED TO KNOW (February)
- PAT FRALEY & SCOTT BRICK (Legendary voice actor, and audiobook industry’s leading narrator) AUDIOBOOK WORKSHOP: THE TALE THAT WAGS THE DOG (March)
- DAVID H. LAWRENCE XVII (Heroes, L.A. Noire) – GETTING OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY / CRAFTING A CAREER (March)
- MARY ELIZABETH MCGLYNN (Star Wars Resistance, Critical Role) – BOTH SIDES OF THE GLASS (April)
- ANDREA TOYIAS (Sr. Casting, Blizzard) CHASING THE CHILLS – with special guests Stephane Cornicard, Dee Bradley Baker and Fred Tatasciore (April)
- DEBRA WILSON (MadTV, Star Wars Rebels, The Cleveland Show) THE DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN, with special guests Phil Lamarr, Dee Bradley Baker, Richard Horvitz, Fred Tatasciore and Andrea Toyias (May)
- FRED TATASCIORE (Hulk, Enchanted) THE MONSTER SPEAKS, with special guests Andrea Toyias, Eric Bauza, Richard Horvitz, Erin Fitzgerald, Laraine Newman and Yuri Lowenthal (May)
- DEBI DERRYBERRY (Jimmy Neutron, Crash Bandicoot) – KID VOICES (June)
- BOB BERGEN (Porky Pig, Looney Tunes, Vamprina, Robot Chicken, Star Wars Resistance) FIRESIDE CHAT (June)
- ANIMATION SPECTACULAR – 2 part series with RICHARD HORVITZ (Invader Zim & Chaos from Skylanders) and VOICEMATCHING ICONIC CHARACTERS with ERIC BAUZA (Bugs Bunny, Puss in Boots). With surprise guest COLETTE SUNDERMAN (casting/voice director, WB etc.) (July)
- STÉPHANE CORNICARD (the iconic Voice Like Chocolate) Get out of your comfort zone and push yourself with this 2 part Dramatic Acting Intensive – beginning character creation with JUST STEP IN! … and advanced character development with STEPPING FORTH! (August)
- JENNIFER HALE (Mass Effect, Duck Tales) – BEYOND MONEY (August)
- DAVE FENNOY (The Walking Dead, Gears 5) – VIDEO GAME VOICES – 3 Part Series (September)
- CRISPIN FREEMAN (Overwatch, Naruto) and XANTHE HUYNH (Persona 5, Demon Slayer) – VOICE ACTING FOR ANIME (October)
- MARC GRAUE (World of Warcraft, Ratchet & Clank) – DEMOS (November)
- JIM MESKIMEN (Superman and Marvel Universe, The Loudhouse, Thundercats) VOCAL SHAPESHIFTING (November)
- NED LOTT & SEAN ASTIN (casting/voice director for Disney Characters Voices and Studio Ghibli; actor director, Lord of the Rings, Rudy, The Goonies, Stranger Things) A-listers direct and read your submitted materials with YOUR AUTHENTIC VOICE…OVER (December)
What people are saying...
“…Eliza has a wonderful capacity for combining character development with dialect proficiency that heightens the actor’s performance. As an actor herself, she has the ability to break through other actors’ resistance with a minimum of effort and a maximum of result.”
—Brian Nefsky, Sr. Casting Associate, Walt Disney Imagineering
Get access to The Character Acting Program
Reserve your spot now. Space is limited. First come, first served. 3-day money back guarantee.